[Clean Up The Menu]
Our Fourth Quarter Clean Up (#FQCU) is almost over and I have been very quiet, lately, I know. As I stated when the FCQU began, I wasn’t just writing and telling you guys what to do, but, I was going through it, too! There was tons to clean up in my life and there is still plenty more but, for this last week, let me share some things with you all that may help you in the new year.
If you have been following my blog, you know I have recently moved into a new place and into a new space in my life, in general. I have made lots of changes in my personal and professional life and have found a beautiful place of peace and abundance.
To put it plainly, I’m sucker free.
So, now, I am back to enjoying the simpler things in life –– love, laughter, fine wine and fresh dining. This is what makes me happy. So, I’ve been cooking alot more and eating out alot more, too! But, no matter where I eat, it’s healthy and fresh.
As you can imagine, I get alot of questions about health and beauty and how I manage to maintain my look and healthy appearance –– especially my skin. My answer will always start with what I ingest. Here are a few of my foodie rules:
- ZERO fast food. NONE. NEVER. EVER.
- USDA certified organic products when possible.
- ZERO cow’s milk. Substitute with Almond, Soy, Rice, Coconut, etc.
- FRESH veggies and herbs. NO canned veggies EVER.
- ZERO canned food when possible. I tend to make exceptions for beans since raw beans take over 24 hours to prepare.
- ZERO boxed foods when possible. The exception to this will be your plain white or brown rice, pastas, and other plain, dried foods.
- ZERO meal helpers. Nothing that comes pre-seasoned and flavored.
- NOTHING that claims to be “natural” or “pure”. That’s just a smoke screen used to confuse buyers.
- ZERO jarred food when possible. My biggest exception is pasta sauce because it take a while to make it right. So, I opt for organic jarred.
- NEVER buy juices that are not refrigerated. If a juice can sit on a shelf for 6 months and not spoil, it’s laden with preservatives and that usually means higher sodium. This is the same for jarred, canned, and boxed products. This is why we try to limit them or cut them out completely!
- FRESH seasonings instead of powders when possible. If you need garlic, grab it fresh! Chop it or make a paste with a little olive oil. That powdered stuff is full of crap you don’t need. Fresh ground pepper and sea salt are so much better than that stuff you usually use.
- ALWAYS check your ingredients and nutritional facts. If you can’t pronounce it, it probably shouldn’t go in your body. Watch out for sodiums, sugars, and saturated fats. Buy simple, clean food and watch your body, skin, nails, hair and intestinal system transform!
I’ll be revisiting my pineapple ginger cleanse tomorrow. Looking forward to sharing it with those of you who missed it earlier this year.
- goldynrules likes this
- ladavi likes this
- pnklipsgunsnhiheels likes this
- randomenlightment reblogged this from karrineandco
- theeuncensored likes this
- simplement-smitten likes this
- peechingtonmariejust likes this
- vivalaladyfoo likes this
- mzdivarn likes this
- thecaramelmacchiato reblogged this from karrineandco
- thecaramelmacchiato likes this
- ebonylife likes this
- chickmuscles likes this
- foreverflymc reblogged this from karrineandco and added:
- foreverflymc likes this
- supathegr8 likes this
- verandahmaureen likes this
- extrarandomblog reblogged this from karrineandco
- fredricachestnut33 likes this
- toodayizmyday likes this
- bibacadams likes this
- anthonydavis22 likes this
- mymomcallsmemally likes this
- zuri-bella likes this
- misscarty reblogged this from karrineandco
- soul-flair likes this
- rivierasandcosbysweaters likes this
- dkcmusic likes this
- 2sides2astory likes this
- ilovemenow likes this
- karameelah likes this
- karrineandco posted this